It seems like the most common question I get is "Why would you go to a T56? I thought the V160 was the best transmission in the world!" And while I usually chuckle, this really is a valid question, and the V160/V161 has proven itself capable in my car as well as many other fast 6-speed cars. Getrag did their homework on that transmission and it is a beast. However, it is older and losing the serviceability battle due to no more factory parts!
But I want to touch on something I really haven't let you guys know about when it comes to the T56 Magnum swap. The Tremec T56 Magnum comes with a 2-year factory warranty direct from the dealer.
YES. A 24-MONTH WARRANTY!
Any stock T56 Magnum I sell comes with a 2-year warranty. If you break it, it goes back to the factory, where it is fully rebuilt and sent back to you. Good luck getting that kind of service for your CD009, V160, or R154. I am also extremely competitive on pricing when it comes to the BIG BOX shops on these transmissions, take a look at my PRICING.
- Replacement parts are readily available. Lots of current production cars are using this transmission.
- Tons of aftermarket support, lots of companies building them to be stronger and making parts!
- Aftermarket faceplating options
- Sequential shifter options!
- A faceplated T56 Magnum will cost you less than a G-Force 5-speed (which is only rated at 1000HP by the way!!)
- FACTORY 2-YEAR WARRANTY !!!
This solves most if not all the issues that are out there with the current transmission swaps, and it's really affordable.
- The V160 factory replacement parts are no longer available, not even the synchro hubs! So even if you just tear up a synchro on a mis-shift your shit outta luck!
- There is not really any aftermarket support other than PPG gearsets... and I know a few people who have already broken this $10,000 gearset with big power.
- Used V160 transmissions are $5000 and offer no gaurantee on what you get. Brand new transmissions are now discontinued and are up to $8000 dollars!