Jay's 40k mile 1997 Supra MKIV was originally an automatic car, but after some Grannas Racing magic it is now swapped to a manual transmission, specifically a GR700 magnum. Here is part two of the video of the swap progress. I hope this helps you guys to get all your ducks in a row to swap from an auto to a manual. Let's make supra's great again!
In part two of the auto-to-manual MKIV Supra swap I will go over the following items:
- Clutch pedal install (and the manual brake pedal as well - yes it is different)
- Clutch master cylinder install (Tilton adapter) but also applies to using a stock master.
- Driveshaft install
- Wiring a Dakota Digital SGI-5E to translate the T56 Magnum speed sensor to the stock speedometer/odometer
- Wiring the reverse lights, and neutral safety bypass.
- Recommended transmission fluid for GR700 (T56 Magnum)
Outside the normal tools that are required:
- An angle drill, lowest profile you can find.
- 1-3/8" hole saw bit
Here is the video!
LINK BACK TO PART ONEContinue reading