When I picked up Jay's car in upstate NY the plan was to just take out the factory automatic transmission and install the GR700 manual. Well it turned out to be a little more of a project... Since Jay also had a ETS intercooler he wanted installed along with the transmission, I told Jay it was worth the money to just make this car full BPU and do a downpipe, intake and tune as well. I also converted the car over to TTC and got rid of all the factory twin boost control and did a boost control solenoid which is controlled with the Haltech. The car is making 15psi on the stock twins and runs great.
Jay has big plans for the car, and he plans on bringing it back over the winter. He was considering just going right in and doing the build right away, but since he just bought the car I told him "It's summertime, enjoy the car for a bit, and do the build over the winter when you can't drive the car anyway!"... So he agreed. Jay was torn between starting out with the GR700, or just taking the plunge and doing the GR1000 right off the start. I told him we can upgrade the trans over the winter at the same time we are doing the engine build.
So in essence, this is a temporary build, something for Jay to enjoy for a bit. He plans on doing a wild build, and his eventual goal is to do a full build to make 1500HP.
Big thanks to Darin Dichiara for doing a nice job with the remote tune on this car!
What I did on this "build":
- Enclosed transport pickup/delivery (I can do this within 6 hours of PA)
- Automatic transmission removal
- GR700 install with Clutchmasters FX850 twin disc
- Clutch pedal/brake pedal, Supra 6-speed interior panel, and Tilton Clutch Master adapter install
- Auto to manual swap wiring (speedo, nuetral switch, reverse lights)
- Installed a Grannas Racing auto to manual tunnel cover
- ETS Intercooler install
- TTC Conversion
- HKS Intake install
- Tanabe downpipe install, and welded on WB02 bung
- Haltech Sport 2000 install w/ 3-port boost control and AEM wideband